Job Title : Health and Safety Support Administrator
Based in Frome, Somerset; Sorbus International Ltd supply a comprehensive range of Specialist & Hi-tech equipment for Arboriculture, Forestry, Utilities, Grounds Maintenance, Landscaping and Environmental Care in the UK & worldwide. Our range includes products for all aspects of tree care - climbing, rigging, personal protection (PPE), safety, first aid, pruning, corporate / hi-viz / wet weather clothing and general workwear.
We are looking for a Health and Safety Support Administrator to join our team who will have responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the business are being carried out safely and within legal guidelines. We are a small, yet fast paced family run team, therefore the role will also involve other administrative task completion for which full training will be given.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Correct and timely completion of risk assessments, including for exhibitions we may attend, workshops and courses we may hold and other events throughout the year.
• Full documentation on all Health and Safety training records.
• Be responsible for reviewing processes when incidents occur.
• Full COSHH management within the company.
• Be in charge of managing our fire drills and evidence reporting.
• Regular emergency equipment testing and arranging the service arrangements.
• Maintaining our First Aid records and related activities.
• Managing our fire exit logs and action plan.
• Regular updates with management to ensure action when needed.
• Working closely with the ISO 9001 representative and assisting with the internal audits where required.
The above list is not exhaustive and the H&S support administrator should ensure that all areas of the business that may represent a risk are identified. The candidate must be self-driven and confident who can deliver the correct level of change, implementation and monitoring as needed.
The role requires IOSH at management level, preferably NEBOSH or be working towards completing the qualification.
Working well as part of a team is vital, being able to communicate with ease and having an outgoing and sociable personality would be a strong advantage. We offer a company pension scheme, healthcare cashback scheme, social/ seasonal staff events and more.
Holiday allowance is 20 days plus bank holidays.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 3pm. Can be negotiated to spread the over different times if required.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience to be discussed at interview.
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to Kerry Taylor – Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in your covering letter the answers to the following questions:
- How many years of Administration experience do you have?
- How many years of Health And Safety experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Interviews and start date will be mid-January.