SRT Workshop for all Abilities - Friday 1st June
- Product Code: SRT Workshop for all Abilities
- Inc. Tax: £72.00
Following on from the success of last year’s SRT workshops, Sorbus have teamed up again with SRT enthusiasts Ben Rose & Geoff Pugsley to offer a course which caters for both beginners as well as more advanced climbers.
The workshop is all day & will start at 9am at Sorbus HQ in Frome, Somerset with some theory & then move out to site for a more hands-on approach.
Objectives of the workshop:
● Candidates can explain advantages and disadvantages of SRT
● Candidates are able to set up a rope wrench system with compatible hardware and a suitable friction hitch
● Demonstrate suitable base and top anchors
● Demonstrate ascent, descent and lateral movement
● Demonstrate basic knowledge of angles and vector forces
● Apply appropriate redirects to achieve better work positioning
● Candidates can advance a base tie and convert to a top tie
● Demonstrate knowledge and application of a 3:1
- Background to SRTWP
- Evolution of the rope wrench concept
- Basic set up and use of a rope wrench climbing system
- Discuss the use of other SRTWP devices dependent on devices available
- Demonstrate a range of base anchors
- Demonstrate lowerable base anchors
- Demonstrate top anchors
- Demonstrate the processes required to advance a base anchored system
- Converting a base anchor to a top tie
- Explain and demonstrate the use of redirects to achieve a better work position
- Creating a 3:1
Practice and application of techniques learnt in pairs / groups rotating around practice stations.
We are keeping this group small. Please advise which level would be more advantageous upon booking.
*Lunch & refreshment will be provided*
Below is a glimpse of a previous "Introduction to SRT Workshop"